How to draw Koi Fish in Adobe Fresco
One of you guys requested I make a tutorial on how to draw Koi fish in Adobe Fresco. So, in this tutorial, we will learn to draw a couple of koi fishes with watercolor and pixel brushes.
If you want to know how I bring my color palette into fresco, watch the beginning of this video.
Pin it for later!
Watch the video tutorial on how to draw koi fish in Adobe Fresco:
If you cannot view the video, you can find it here. While you are there, don’t forget to hit subscribe!
Here’s how to draw koi fish in Adobe Fresco
- Let’s start by choosing a canvas that’s the size of a small postcard.
- Bring in the color palette and the sketch provided above.
- We will be using 3 brushes for this tutorial:
- Watercolor Flat brush, size and flow set to maximum
- Belgian Comics
- Soft round opacity
- Start making the background by using the blues. Let the colors mix and give light and dark areas to the background.
- Now select the Koi fish and paint using the oranges and black.
- Use selection tool again to make the tail.
- Add shadows using a slightly darker orange and white.
- Your painting is ready!
If you liked this tutorial, don’t forget to check out my previous Adobe fresco tutorial.